TakeLessons Connects Kids With Local Music Instructors
Disclosure: I was invited by TakeLessons to review their website for children. My opinions are unbiased and completely my own. I received compensation for my time.
Even when my daughter was a tiny infant, I played music when she slept at night. As a preschool teacher years before, I took training and learned of the positive brain development in children who had regular exposure to classical music. I’m sure it applies to other genres, as well, but I believe in children being able to find and work with great music teachers to foster their talent or simply have fun.
Before I give you the TakeLessons “site scoop”, here are some awesome facts about music and learning:
- Studies have shown connections between musical training and higher scores in both reading and math.Playing music, especially duets and in small groups, teaches children how to work as part of a team, an important skill they will need in school and later at work.
- Keeping up a steady practice schedule instills great discipline and work ethic in kids, teaching them to work hard and be patient.
- Musical training improves memory, language skills and listening skills. Studies have shown that this combination leads to improved ability to learn a second language.
- Playing an instrument improves hand-eye coordination and nuanced muscle control, as musicians must make very precise gestures in order to play their instruments correctly.
- Children who grow up around music show more advanced language development, even at 2 years old, than children who don’t.
- Studying music improves a child’s ability to understand spatial-temporal relationships, a skill which can help in fields ranging from math and engineering to architecture and gaming.
- Learning music improves a child’s ability to focus, which can lead to better studying and higher test scores.
- Children who study and perform music gain confidence and learn to conquer stage fright.
- Education in music and the arts helps children learn to think about problems creatively, finding multiple solutions to problems.
- Recent studies have shown that students who studied music go on to achieve higher scores on average than students who did not study music.
- Kids who study music and the arts are more likely to graduate from high school and are less likely to abuse drugs and alcohol.
- Learning a musical instrument and performing improves a child’s self-esteem.
With so many benefits of a life filled with beautiful music, it behooves children to be as involved as possible. There is some music education in schools, but it’s not the same as private instruction. This is where TakeLessons comes into play. The TakeLessons website connects kids with local music teachers for private in-home or in-studio vocal and instrumental lessons. All music instructors are pre-screened to ensure safety and quality instruction, and a simple search of a zip code and the type of lesson you want to take yields results for music instructors best suited for your child(ren). For more information, visit the their website here.
I know not all parents can afford music lessons, but at least strive to make music a priority in the home during dinner, play, travel, and any opportunity possible. Your children will certainly thank you for it later. A couple of TakeLessons articles which might appeal to you are listed below:
Are your children involved in music instruction or is it something you’re considering. Share it in the comments!
Please share this post on social media with other people who might want to introduce others to TakeLessons. Thank you!
Read the last post here: BGCA Wants to Know How You’ve Prepared for Back-to-School #Tools4BTS @BGCA_Clubs
Feature image courtesy of Free Digital Photos. Click image for photographer portfolio.
TakeLessons connects students and families with safe, pre-qualified private music teachers, arts instructors and academic tutors throughout the US. Find your teacher and sign up for music lessons on their website or give them a call at 855-684-5482. Get 20% off your music or tutoring lessons with coupon code MUSIC9!